Peer Advisors Wanted
Peer Advisor Position Summary
Peer Advisors perform a very important role in increasing participation in study abroad and promoting internationalization on Loyola's campus. Study Abroad Peer Advisors are Loyola students who have returned from study abroad programs. These students work with the Center for International Education to promote Study Abroad on campus, support current and returned participants, and help internationalize student life.
- Provides preliminary advising to students who want to study abroad.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts weekly Study Abroad advising sessions.
- Assists with pre-departure and re-entry orientation.
- Coordinates inBUS organization, events and activities.
- Helps market study abroad by speaking to organizations and student meetings, creating promotional materials, posting flyers and posters throughout campus, and staffing monthly info tables in the Danna Center.
- Helps maintains website by providing up-to-date information regarding Study Abroad programs and resources available and ensures that all Loyola programs have websites and are linked.
- Organizes the Study Abroad Library.
- Works with study abroad advisor to promote Study Abroad at Loyola.
- General office tasks.
*Applicants with demonstrated experience in marketing/PR/advertising and/or design are especially encouraged to apply!
An applicant must:
- Be a current student at Loyola University New Orleans.
- Have studied abroad for a minimum of one semester.
- Possess knowledge of world geography, languages, religions and political systems.
- Have leadership experience and/or a sincere interest in developing these skills.
- Be reliable, responsible and able to adapt to new initiatives and priorities.
- Possess public speaking skills.
- Be able to represent the office in a professional manner at all times.
- Successful candidates must attend a training retreat for CIE staff and International Student Association Executive Board tentatively scheduled for August 26-27 (not overnight).
Submit the Peer Advisor Application online. Priority consideration will go to candidates who apply by June 15.