Health and Safety Abroad
The best way to achieve a healthy and safe study abroad experience is to inform yourself about basic health and safety issues before leaving the U.S., and to make informed, responsible and reasonable decisions once abroad.
- Carefully read all pre-departure materials;
- Get any immunizations that are required and learn as much as you can about the health and safety conditions in your host country.
- review State Department health and safety information and the Centers for Disease Control information for your specific country;
- become familiar with on-site emergency contacts and plans;
- Register with Alert Traveler and stay abreast of local developments.
And please read the other sections in this part of the website: